The Hellenic Museum invites you to International Museum Day
Time & Location
About the Event
In celebration of International Museum Day, the Hellenic Museum will be hosting a day to share and showcase the exciting and innovative practises we employ, in line with this year's theme "The Future of Museums: Recover and Reimagine".
The day will feature:
- Demonstrations and talks on 3D printing in the museum sphere
- Artefact and replica handling
- Demonstrations and discussion on photogrammetry
- A tour on the history of the Royal Melbourne Mint Building and artefacts found onsite
- A tour through Gods, Myths & Mortals utilising our new curated AR guide
- The chance to curate your own digital exhibition
- Crafts for children and families
- A unique and exclusive VR experience with Lithodomos
Date: Saturday 15 May
Time: 10:30am - 2:30pm
Location: Hellenic Museum
Tickets: $7- $20
This is a ticketed event. Tickets cover admission to the Hellenic Museum, all of its exhibitions and the activities, tours and demonstrations on the day. Children under the age of 6 and those with Carer cards have free entry to the Hellenic Museum.
Should Carers or children under 6 wish to book in for the Lithodomos VR Experience, please contact the Hellenic Museum on (03) 8615 9016.
Tickets for the Lithodomos VR experience are inclusive of admission and all activities, tours and demonstrations on the day too. Tickets for the Lithodomos VR Experience are sold in time slots of 20 minutes to accomodate the length of the experience and the use of all headsets. Please arrive 10 minutes prior to your chosen session so that all sessions run to schedule.
10:30am: Artefact & replica handling
11:00am: Demonstrations of photogrammetry and 3D printing
11:30am: Tour through Gods, Myths & Mortals
12:00pm: Lithodomos VR experience begins & demonstration on 3D printing
12:30pm: Demonstrations of photogrammetry & artefact and replica handling
1:00pm: Tour on the history of the Royal Melbourne Mint building and artefacts
1:30pm: Demonstrations of 3D printing
2:00pm: Demonstrations of photogrammetry & artefact and replica handling (Lithodomos VR experience ends)
2:30pm: International Museum Day event concludes.
- Create your own digital experience (which will be shared by us!)
- Craft your own mini hoplite shield, and other activities!
- IMD General Admission$12+$0.30 Service fee$12+$0.30 Service fee0$0
- IMD Concession Admission$7+$0.18 Service fee$7+$0.18 Service fee0$0
- Sold OutLithodmos VR 12:00-12:20pm$20+$0.50 Service fee$20+$0.50 Service fee0$0
- Sold OutLithodomos VR 12:20-12:40pm$20+$0.50 Service fee$20+$0.50 Service fee0$0