A CURATED HISTORICAL EXPERIENCE
In partnership with Lithodomos VR, the Hellenic Museum presents audio-visual tour guides for two of its permanent exhibitions: Gods, Myths & Mortals and Flame of Olympia.
This virtual reality experience explores the long, rich history and culture of Greece. With 15 stops in total, discover the genesis of Greek identity from antiquity to modernity in Gods, Myths & Mortals, then explore the Olympic Games from their ancient origins to today in Flame of Olympia.
These two exhibitions provide a holistic experience of ancient Greek culture and history, and the contribution it has made, and continues to make, to society today. Together with Lithodomos VR, we are bringing the ancient world to life. Learn more about Lithodomos VR here.
Access to this engaging guide is included with Hellenic Museum general admission, with access via QR. See ticket desk staff for questions and assistance.
STEP INTO HISTORY
10 digital reconstructions / 200 m / 22 mins
Greece through the ages / Street view / 51 images
1. SANTORINI 21st century Greece
2. PALAESTRA 150 CE
3. THE SUNSET VIEW FROM THE CAPE 250 BCE
4. BEFORE THE STATUE OF ATHENA 100 CE
5. CLOSE TO THE SPINA 100 CE
6. CHURCH OF THE HOLY SEPULCHRE 820 CE
7. DOCK OF SAN MARCO SQUARE 1572 CE
8. IN FRONT OF THE COLOSSUS 250 CE
9. MONASTIRAKI SQUARE 21st century
10. EAST OF THE PARTHENON 100 CE
11. PANATHENAIC STATIUM, ATHENS
12. OLYMPIASTADOIN, BERLIN 1936
13. MCG, MELBOURNE 1956
14. BIRD'S NEST STADIUM, BEIJING 2008
15. NATIONAL STADIUM, TOKYO 2020